We are kicking off our 2022 Summer Season on Saturday the 25th of June with some changes to our Opening times. We are returning to full day admission from 10:30am to 5pm!
Booking is recommended but not essential as you can pay on arrival, tickets are available on our website if you wish to book.
Opening times for the Summer Season!
Tuesday to Sunday: 10:30am to 5pm.
Bank Holiday Mondays: 10:30am to 5pm.
Terms and Conditions:
• Babies under 12 MONTHS are free and do not require a ticket. All other visitors must pay admission.
• If booked, please arrive with your ticket / booking confirmation either on your phone or printed out.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
• Please comply with all directions from our staff and signage.
• Takeaway teas, coffees, snacks, soft drinks and ice creams are available from our coffee shop. Picnics also welcome.
• Visitors should note that our blue barrel and horse and carriage rides are available for €2.50 per person at our coffee shop.
We are looking forward to seeing you for our 2022 season,
Stay safe folks, chat soon,
Henry and Liz
Red Mountain Open Farm got its name from the Red Mountain, which is the hill between the Farm and Donore Village. It is believed by some researchers that the colour of the sunrise on the morning of the Winter Solstice was the original inspiration for the name of the hill over which that sunrise occurs when viewed from Newgrange. The hill is called Red Mountain.
Located just five minutes from the Newgrange Monument the Open Farm boasts the most extensive indoor facilities of all open farms in Ireland. We believe these indoor facilities are important given the unpredictable nature of our Irish weather. We have blended a range of indoor and outdoor facilities, so no matter what the weather may bring, there is lots to enjoy...