We are happy to announce the reopening of Red Mountain Open Farm on a phased basis commencing on Thursday, 9th of July. Limited sessions have been provided in accordance with the Covid-19 social distancing restrictions. When booking please be aware of the terms and conditions.
We cannot wait to welcome you all to Red Mountain Open Farm for the summer season!
Terms and Conditions:
• Pre Booking Only
• There will be two sessions Tuesday – Saturday; 11am to 1:30pm and 2pm to 5pm.
• There will be one session on Sundays: 1pm to 5pm.
• Please arrive at the specific day and time of your booking with a copy of your booking confirmation and your ticket/voucher, these can be on your phone or printed out.
• Tickets are available for purchase through TicketWeb and Yourdaysout by clicking the book now button above!
• Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
• Please comply with all directions from our staff and signage.
• Takeaway teas, coffees, snacks, soft drinks and ice creams are available from our coffee shop.
• Visitors should note that our blue barrel and horse and carriage rides are available at a limited capacity per spin.
• To keep everyone safe, we cannot facilitate cuddling with the animals at this time
• We cannot facilitate amendments to booking dates/times.
Stay safe folks, chat soon, Henry & Liz.
Red Mountain Open Farm got its name from the Red Mountain, which is the hill between the Farm and Donore Village. It is believed by some researchers that the colour of the sunrise on the morning of the Winter Solstice was the original inspiration for the name of the hill over which that sunrise occurs when viewed from Newgrange. The hill is called Red Mountain.
Located just five minutes from the Newgrange Monument the Open Farm boasts the most extensive indoor facilities of all open farms in Ireland. We believe these indoor facilities are important given the unpredictable nature of our Irish weather. We have blended a range of indoor and outdoor facilities, so no matter what the weather may bring, there is lots to enjoy...