We are hoping to open the farm for the 2021 season on the Saturday the 29th of May as long as the COVID restrictions allow, for May and June we will be open on a weekend only basis, with two sessions daily.
Saturday and Sunday;
Morning session 10.30am to 1.30pm and the afternoon session 2pm to 5pm.
Terms and Conditions:
• Pre Booking Only (Tickets are now on sale, click the red book now button or scroll further down this page to see the options!)
• Please arrive at the specific day and time of your booking with a copy of your booking confirmation and ticket, these can be on your phone or printed out.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
• Please comply with all directions from our staff and signage.
• Takeaway teas, coffees, snacks, soft drinks and ice creams are available from our coffee shop.
• Visitors should note that our blue barrel and horse and carriage rides are available at a limited capacity per spin.
• To keep everyone safe, we cannot facilitate cuddling with the animals at this time
• We cannot facilitate amendments to booking dates/times.
We are looking forward to seeing you for our 2021 season,
Stay safe folks, chat soon,
Henry and Liz
Red Mountain Open Farm got its name from the Red Mountain, which is the hill between the Farm and Donore Village. It is believed by some researchers that the colour of the sunrise on the morning of the Winter Solstice was the original inspiration for the name of the hill over which that sunrise occurs when viewed from Newgrange. The hill is called Red Mountain.
Located just five minutes from the Newgrange Monument the Open Farm boasts the most extensive indoor facilities of all open farms in Ireland. We believe these indoor facilities are important given the unpredictable nature of our Irish weather. We have blended a range of indoor and outdoor facilities, so no matter what the weather may bring, there is lots to enjoy...