Our reopening of the farm will continue into the months of September and October on a weekend only basis along with the return of our yearly Halloween Event! Limited sessions have been provided in accordance with the Covid-19 social distancing restrictions. When booking please be aware of the terms and conditions.
For our Halloween Event this year booking will be required, tickets are available through our website on Ticketweb and YourdaysOut and there will be two sessions daily (including Sunday’s!)
The event will run from Saturday 24th of October to Sunday 1st of November.
A morning session from 11am to 1:30pm and an afternoon session from 2pm to 5pm!
We cannot wait to welcome you all to Red Mountain Open Farm for the Autumn season!
Terms and Conditions:
• Pre Booking Only
• Please arrive at the specific day and time of your booking with a copy of your booking confirmation and your ticket/voucher, these can be on your phone or printed out.
• Tickets are available for purchase through our website on TicketWeb and Yourdaysout by clicking the book now button!
• Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
• Please comply with all directions from our staff and signage.
• Takeaway teas, coffees, snacks, soft drinks and ice creams are available from our coffee shop.
• Visitors should note that our blue barrel and horse and carriage rides are available at a limited capacity per spin.
• To keep everyone safe, we cannot facilitate cuddling with the animals at this time
• We cannot facilitate amendments to booking dates/times.
Stay safe folks, chat soon, Henry & Liz.
Red Mountain Open Farm got its name from the Red Mountain, which is the hill between the Farm and Donore Village. It is believed by some researchers that the colour of the sunrise on the morning of the Winter Solstice was the original inspiration for the name of the hill over which that sunrise occurs when viewed from Newgrange. The hill is called Red Mountain.
Located just five minutes from the Newgrange Monument the Open Farm boasts the most extensive indoor facilities of all open farms in Ireland. We believe these indoor facilities are important given the unpredictable nature of our Irish weather. We have blended a range of indoor and outdoor facilities, so no matter what the weather may bring, there is lots to enjoy...