Halloween Event will run from the 23rd of October to the 31st of October! All tickets must be prebooked and tickets are now on sale under the 'Book Now' section below!
We would like to thank you all for the wonderful Summer season we had this year and are happy to announce we are open for all weekends in September and the first weekend in October, the times are listed below and tickets are already on sale.
Saturday 1st session 10:30am to 1:30pm and 2nd session 2pm to 5pm.
Sunday 1st session 10:30am to 1:30pm and 2nd session 2pm to 5pm.
Terms and Conditions:
• Pre Booking Only (Tickets are now on sale, click the red book now button or scroll further down this page to see the options!)
• Please arrive at the specific day and time of your booking with a copy of your booking confirmation and ticket, these can be on your phone or printed out.
• Children must be accompanied by an adult at all times.
• Please comply with all directions from our staff and signage.
• Takeaway teas, coffees, snacks, soft drinks and ice creams are available from our coffee shop.
• Visitors should note that our blue barrel and horse and carriage rides are available at a limited capacity per spin.
• To keep everyone safe, we cannot facilitate cuddling with the animals at this time
• We cannot facilitate amendments to booking dates/times.
We are looking forward to seeing you for our 2021 season,
Stay safe folks, chat soon,
Henry and Liz
Red Mountain Open Farm got its name from the Red Mountain, which is the hill between the Farm and Donore Village. It is believed by some researchers that the colour of the sunrise on the morning of the Winter Solstice was the original inspiration for the name of the hill over which that sunrise occurs when viewed from Newgrange. The hill is called Red Mountain.
Located just five minutes from the Newgrange Monument the Open Farm boasts the most extensive indoor facilities of all open farms in Ireland. We believe these indoor facilities are important given the unpredictable nature of our Irish weather. We have blended a range of indoor and outdoor facilities, so no matter what the weather may bring, there is lots to enjoy...